Friday, February 15, 2013

Alex Arrives! {Venice}


My darling Alex just moved here from Boston and I'm so excited to have one of my favorite people in my new city! Being the professional LA guide she is our first stop was touring Venice beach! Alex's darling friend Stef (who designs custom swim wear in Ft. Lauderdale (Jypsea Swim) ) also joined us- she had driven across the states with darling Alex- what a great bestie! ... 

Venice was just as wild and colorful as its proceeding media rep...We started our tour with a lovely brunch at James' Beach followed by shopping the length of Abbot Kinney... As much as I tired to restrain I spent way too much at the LF semi-annual sale on piles of various skull studded items (naturally). I also paid a visit to the TOMs flagship store which was somewhat stressful as it was trying to be a fair-trad coffee shop/educational center/shoe shop- (confusing &or fascinating).... 

Anyway, post shopping, we had a lovely touristy time walking the boardwalk, people watching, oogling skateboarders, and spotting various celebrities I could not identify due to my sever lack of popular culture knowledge. 

To top off a perfectly cliche California day we drove down the PCH sun-roof down music blaring and watched the sunset from a lifeguard stand... It was all very Laguna Beach (which I can finally now reference since I watched season one on DVD 8 years too late).... All in all it was a magical west coast day orchestrated by beautiful Alex! {<3}





























Where I've Been

search